Common Virtualmin Postfix issue
I. Cannot be enabled unless a BCC map
Failed to save enabled features : Automatic BCCing of outgoing email cannot be enabled unless a BCC map is defined.
- Go to Webmin → Servers → Postfix Mail Server.
- Click on the BCC Mapping icon, and make sure the Sender BCC mapping lookup tables field is set. If it is not, you should enter a map specification like hash:/etc/postfix/bcc . Then click the Save and Apply button.
- Go to System Settings → Module Config, and change the Allow automatic BCCing of outgoing email? field to Yes, then click Save. If Virtualmin prompts you to re-check the configuration, do so.
II. Mail with virtual host
- Need to install Postfix
- Enable feature from Virtualmin > System Settings > Features & Plugin select Mail for domain > Save
- Enable feature on domain Virtualmin > select Domain > Edit Virtual Server > Enable Features > select Mail for domain > Save
III. Reject by destination and networks
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-il1-f179.google.com[188.8.131.52]: 454 4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-il1-f179.google.com>
setup mynetworks that include your local domain
add smtpd restriction
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks defer_unauth_destination smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks defer_unauth_destination
IV. Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
re-create user again
V. Reject by unknown destination
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[your-ip]: 454 4.7.1 Relay access denied;
Add defer_unauth_destination into smtpd_relay_restrictions